Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Throwback

DSC_00031

This weather wasn’t in the cards. Any of you in or around London will know what I am talking about. I am so glad I didn’t buy that fan I was planning to last weekend because today I had to put my duvet cover back on my bed. Summer seems to have left London because today I wore the exact sweater I was wearing in these pictures and I wasn’t warm in the least. So I thought it was only fitting I dug these pictures out of the archives.

I discovered this skirt in my grandmother’s wardrobe last time I was at home and found out it was what my mother wore for her college graduation. In the past few years I have been loving stealing items that used to belong to her and every single day I regret that she gave away her high-waisted jeans – those would have truly been the perfect mum jeans. I remember a good few years ago when she came back from one of her business trips having bought me some clothes how disappointed she was that it was the first time I actually didn’t like what she had got me. I remember her saying the time had come when our tastes didn’t coincide anymore. Maybe she was being a bit dramatic but I am sure she will be happy to see that although our tastes have developed in different ways, I still get the most compliments when I wear items that once belonged to her. Maybe that is because I feel the most comfortable and close to home in them.


DSC_00071

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how I envy the weather you're having. It's so damn hot in Bucharest I can barely wear any clothes at all. I love your outfit, I love the sweater and if I could, I'd trade temperatures with you :)
    Kisses,
    Alina
    alinasays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I'm sure we'll both miss summer when winter hits though, I'm actually looking forward to experiencing the slightly warmer weather back home in about a month.

      x
      Maria

      Delete
  2. Love this Maria!! You're style is great. Keep up the posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...